- Learn English in Malta! One of the best ways to fully immerse yourself in the English language is to stay in a native speaking country, like Malta!
- Listening to the news or podcasts in English.
- Watch TV programmes in English, using subtitles if necessary (ideally without).
- Explore the internet in English by changing your language settings on your phone or laptop, risky I know, but it’s a great way to challenge yourself.
- Cook a meal using recipes written in English.
- Listen to music with English lyrics, learning through song is always good fun, unless it’s one of those songs you can’t get out of your head all day!
- Once you return to your home country maintain your level by doing 30 minutes work every day. The idea is to do a little but often, as this way you’ll remember what you learn.
- Don’t allow yourself to be discouraged by negative thoughts or people. Rome wasn’t built in a day and you don’t learn a language overnight.
- Read as much as possible – through reading you broaden your vocabulary, learn how to spell, learn correct sentence structure and eventually become not only fluent but accurate.
- Never compare yourself to other students. Some students are excellent at writing and grammar but due to lack of opportunities are unable to speak as fluently as they would like to, on the other hand some students who are seemingly fluent then don’t possess the ability to write well.
Just got for it and don’t let anyone put you off!
Leave your Comments
ShareFully immerse yourself in the English Language – A Teachers Guide,