In English you will come across lots of expressions containing the verb “make” for instance:
- She was finding it extremely difficult to make ends meet with her low salary.
- After their car broke down they had to make their way to the cinema on foot.
- He made her an offer of €10,000 for her car.
- She was furious when he made a pass at her.
- After a lot of hard work and sacrifice he made a fortune and now he is living in luxury
- The new director made a point of getting to know every employee when he joined our company.
- It makes no difference if I cook at mine or we eat at yours.
- Some children are so mean. They made fun of our son because he couldn’t see without his glasses.
- I can’t make sense of this article. Can you help me please?
- It really made her day seeing you. She was in a really good mood after you left.
Now take the quiz – good luck 🙂
[ssquiz id=’28’ all]
Leave your Comments
ShareUseful English expressions – Expressions with “make”,