Everybody enjoys a good meal in a nice restaurant. Especially when we’re on holiday! These are some common words that we can use at a restaurant:
- Menu – a list of the food and drinks with the prices (it shows you what you can order)
- Chef – this person cooks your food (not a cooker!)
- Dish – food that is cooked / prepared in a special way
- Bill – the piece of paper with all the food and drink you ordered (you pay this after)
- Order – ask for food and drink (you tell this to the waiter / waitress)
- Tip – extra money for the service
- Waiter / waitress – he/she brings you the food and drink
Now try the quiz. Fill in the blanks with restaurant vocabulary.
If you want to learn some shopping vocabulary try this lesson.
What was you score? Leave a comment to let us know. And if you have any questions about restaurant vocabulary you can ask them in the comments too!